"11 Songs" by Liz Pappademas


It's a strange feeling when a friend creates a work of art that moves you. I don't know, for some reason it sinks deeper. I met Liz about two years ago at a party during South By Southwest. We were both new to San Francisco and began hanging out a bit. We've got completely different schedules so we rarely see each other now. Once in a while we'll grab a drink, watch a movie or walk along Haight.

A few weeks ago I made it out to her CD Release Party at Hotel Utah. Before a crowd mostly comprised of friends and family, Liz played piano and sang about ten beautiful new songs. I picked up her new record. I can't stop listening. The song "Loma Prieta" is one of the prettiest songs I've heard in a long time. It's not only a song but the lyrics seem to fall together like a perfect novel.

Good work, Liz.

www.myspace.com/lizpappademas

0 comments: