Bob Dylan: 21 Songs

So a friend of mine told me that he's a bit tired of Dylan because his roommate repeatedly plays "Rainy Day Women #12 & 35", which has to be Dylan's worst song on a great Dylan record. No, I don't mean that it's his worst song overall; it's not even close, but it's likely one of the worst songs on one of his near perfect records. In other words, remove this from "Blonde and Blonde" and you have a perfect record.

Ok, now that I've taken way too many key stokes to explain that, let's get the point: When I heard this, I told him that I had to make him a Dylan mix. Similar to the Springsteen mix that I made for N, this was nearly impossible.

I wanted to limit this to 21 songs. Here it is:

She Belongs To Me
It Takes a Lot To Laugh, It Takes a Train To Cry
It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
Shelter From the Storm
Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues
Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
Not Dark Yet
Masters of War
My Back Pages
Visions of Johanna
Mississippi
Ballad of a Thin Man
Moonshiner
Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
Just Like a Woman
A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
Girl From the North Country
Chimes of Freedom
Oxford Town
Desolation Row

0 comments: