Next Stop

I often mull where I'll move to next, if/when I decide to leave San Francisco. I don't see this happening any time soon as I've grown to like this city quite a bit, but I'm guessing that I'll feel the urge at some point. Maybe. Lately I've thought about some possibilities: Portland/OR, Spain, Iceland, New Zealand, Stockholm, Melbourne, Croatia, Vancouver.

Tonight I stumbled upon Mercer Human Resource Consulting's list of the Top 100 Most Livable Cities "based on 39 key quality-of-life issues. They include political stability, currency-exchange regulations, political and media censorship, school quality, housing, the environment and public safety."

Here's the Top 20:
1 Zurich, Switzerland
2 Geneva, Switzerland
3 Vancouver, Canada
4 Vienna, Austria
5 Auckland, New Zealand
6 Dusseldorf, Germany
7 Frankfurt, Germany
8 Munich, Germany
9 Bern, Switzerland
9 Sydney, Australia
11 Copenhagen, Denmark
12 Wellington, New Zealand
13 Amsterdam, The Netherlands
14 Brussels, Belgium
15 Toronto, Canada
16 Berlin, Germany
17 Melbourne, Australia
18 Luxembourg, Luxembourg
18 Ottawa, Canada
20 Stockholm, Sweden

Do Switzerland and Germany really rule this much?

Oh, and SF checks in at #29 (second in the US to Honolulu, HI at #27).

My lucky number is 17. Melbourne?

0 comments: