SXSW - More Bands

A full wrap-up report tomorrow, but in the meantime, here are the rest of the bands I caught, followed by brief reviews.

Earlimart - Quite boring
Blue Mountain - Quite great. They've barely lost a step after not playing together for almost a decade.
Tim Easton - Solid, as always.
The Redwalls - Very impressive...one hell of a band.
Chris Mills - I've been listening to Mills for well over a decade. It was finally time that I saw him live. Well worth it.
Duffy - Atrocious. So bad that I feel bad for the word atrocious.
Okkervil River - Looked tired early but came on strong. "For Real" was the highlight of SXSW.
Jeff Hanson - This was not good.
Bobby Bare Jr. - I love his records but he's always shaky live. He was shaky again.
The Drams - After a somewhat disappointing gig at the New West party, they tore it up at their hotel showcase. "Pinball Song" had a chorus of about 25 of us singing along.
Roky Erickson - Closing out SXSW with the High Fidelity theme song. Perfection.

I'm sure I'm missing a few acts. They'll come to me once I exit the post-SXSW fog.

More tomorrow....

0 comments: