Springsteen & E Street Band Perform Darkness and BTR Front-to-Back

This has to be one of the most historic shows in Springsteen's 35+ years of performing. 1978's Darkness on the Edge of Town still stands as my favorite record of all-time, while 1975's epic Born To Run is the greatest full-on rock n' roll record ever recorded (Sorry Bob, Highway 61 Rev. is a very close second).

As he wrapped up the US leg of the Magic tour, Springsteen and the band headed home to the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, NJ and shocked the crowd by performing both records in their entirety. Audibles and surprises are common occurences at Springsteen shows, but this is in an entirely different league. I simply can't imagine the emotion, energy and awe-struck eyes running through that music hall.

I will now listen to Darkness. And then BTR

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes...as I read about this show I got goosebumps.

I think I'll play them both as well.