Get Out the Vote

I spent a good part of today calling prospective voters in Pennsylvania, Florida, Ohio and Virginia. This year's get out of the vote effort has been much more pleasant than in 2004. In the 04 election, I couldn't count the number of folks each day who either slammed the phone down or quickly went on the attack when I noted my support for Kerry.

Aside from a handful of folks, this year has been much different. Obama supporters are excited to talk, and McCain supporters have been, for the most part, very respectful.

Here are a few highlights from today:

"We got ya covered, buddy" - 83 year-old man in Virginia

"You should never have children" - 75 year-old woman in Virginia

"I'm voting for John McCain but my brother's voting for Obama" - 20 year-old man in Pennsylvania

0 comments: