I Suppose I Can Cancel Cable...

after dropping $51.50 for two Josh Ritter tickets. This is a purchase that absolutely had to be made, especially since he's going to be backed by a string section. If you've heard his versions of "Girl in the War" and "Empty Hearts" from his performance with the Boston Pops, you'll know what I mean. Add to that the fact that Ritter is the one artist who N and I 100% agree on. The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter was basically the soundtrack for our first year together. We listened while sitting at a duck pond in Oregon, while on the way to Mendocino, and on just about every trip together.

All this will take is a little shuffling around of needs. I mean, now that Obama's won the election, I really don't need cable. I listen to NPR on the radio every morning, and have my internet to scour the rest of the day's news. I watch TV for "The Office" (available for streaming the day after airing), "Flight of the Conchords" (can wait on Netflix), and CSPAN (online). There's really no need to for me to maintain this bill. On the Monday after the Super Bowl, it's a goner.

Welcome back, Josh.

We passed the time with crosswords that she thought to bring inside.

0 comments: