Music for the iPhone

I wasn't even going to add music to my iPhone. I mean, I already have my 16gb Nano and 60gb Classic (which I found after more than two months on the lam) and one of the two is always on me. But c'mon, who am I kidding. Instead of going with my top played tracks in my iTunes library (did that for the Nano), I have opted to pick one entire album from my top 50 listened-to artists on last.fm. As far as which album to select, I went with the least obvious. Or most obvious.

Bruce Springsteen - Darkness on the Edge of Town
Wilco - A Ghost is Born
Josh Ritter - Golden Age of Radio
Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
Bonnie "Prince" Billy - Beware
Josh Rouse - The Smooth Sounds of Josh Rouse
Richard Buckner - Richard Buckner
Okkervil River - The Stage Names
Neil Young - Comes a Time
M. Ward - Duet for Guitars #2
Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
Damien Jurado - Ghost of David
Eels - Daisies of the Galaxy
Tim Easton - Porcupine
Centro-matic - Love You Just the Same
Uncle Tupelo - No Depression
Joe Henry - Kindness of the World
Elliott Smith - XO
Spoon - Girls Can Tell
Son Volt - Wide Swing Tremolo
The Gourds - Dems Good Beeble
Beck - Odelay
Matthew Ryan - Matthew Ryan vs. The Silver State
Townes Van Zandt - Townes Van Zandt
The National - Alligator
Aimee Mann - The Forgotten Arm
The Jayhawks - Hollywood Town Hall
Pavement - Wowee Zowee
Yo La Tengo - I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One
Old 97's - Too Far To Care
Brakes - Give Blood
Sam Cooke - Portrait of a Legend 1951-1964
The Kinks - Arthur: Or the Decline and Fall of the British Empire
Richmond Fontaine - Miles From
R.E.M. - Murmur
The Beatles - The White Album
Pernice Brothers - Overcome By Happiness
The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
Iron & Wine - The Creek Drank the Cradle
Jeff Tweedy - I did not add anything as he doesn't have a solo release, and I certainly wasn't adding one of those House Parties where the entire grating audience sings along to every damn word
Arcade Fire - Funeral
Steve Earle - I Feel Alright
Nathan Moore - Sad Songs Make Me Happy
Johnny Cash - American Recordings
Golden Smog - Down By the Old Mainstream
Slobberbone - Everything You Thought Was Right Was Wrong Today
Neko Case - Furnace Room Lullaby
Kenny Roby - Rather Not Know
The Wrens - The Meadowlands
Mark Olson - The Salvation Blues

0 comments: