1. I will forget certain records and later be very upset over this.
2. Some may find this list terrible, and at some point in time, I will probably agree.
3. Now at the age of 35, my taste certainly follows a certain pattern. Then again, it was the same when I was 21.
4. Aside from the top 10-15, the whole damn thing is pretty much interchangeable.
5. This is the best list you will find anywhere.
And now, 22 records, in no particular order, that just missed the cut:
Jay Farrar : Sebastopol (2002)
The Go-Betweens : Friends of Rachel Worth (2000)
Absentee : Schmotime (2006)
Scott Miller & The Commonwealth : Thus Always To Tyrants (2001)
Sun Kil Moon : Ghosts of the Great Highway (2003)
Star City : Inside the Other Days (2001)
Iron & Wine : The Creek Drank the Cradle (2002)
Old 97's : Blame It On Gravity (2008)
The Shins : Oh, Inverted World (2003)
Son Volt : Okemah and the Melody of Riot (2005)
The Avalanches : Since I Left You (2001)
Andrew Bird : Armchair Apocrypha (2007)
Okkervil River : The Stand Ins (2008)
Jay Bennett & Edward Burch : The Palace at 4am (2002)
Emmylou Harris : Red Dirt Girl (2000)
Alejandro Escovedo : A Man Under the Influence (2000)
Bruce Springsteen : Devils & Dust (2005)
The Pernice Brothers : The World Won't End (2001)
Bob Dylan : Love & Theft (2001)
Damien Jurado : Ghost of David (2000)
The Gourds : Cow Fish Fowl or Pig (2002)
Bonnie "Prince" Billy : East Down the Road (2001)