The Day

Man, it's only 115pm and I've already done quite a bit.

I caught a matinee of Up In the Air this morning. This is, I believe, the first time I've gone to a movie theatre this year. All in all, it's a good movie. Clooney is great and some of the moments of folks losing their jobs and how corporate America is heartless in such matters, are actually quite moving. The writing suffers midway through as it's clear that they're temporarily abandoning a fairly strong/moving script to give you some Hollywood crap, but in the end, it's a good movie. A serious subject turned romantic comedy gets a bit perplexing, but it's better than most of the garbage out there nowadays. Fine, I can't say that because I don't see any of the crap, but it has to be.

I then went to the record store to complete my Son Volt collection and overheard two questions that nearly brought on a brutal panic attack:

"Do you have the deluxe version of the new Alicia Keys album?"

"Have you heard of the Dead Weather, man? You know, Jack White's side project. Do you have that on vinyl?"

The second guy, I almost challenged to a full-on brawl in the elevator.

0 comments: