Top Shows of 2009


Given a slew of reasons (fewer paychecks, preferring to sit at home and listen to records/read/take bubble baths, etc.) my nights out in rock clubs decreased pretty significantly in 2009. However, I do believe that this is temporary. There's still nothing as therapeutic and soul-grabbing as a live performance and 2010 will likely see me out much more. Like every year since 1993 or so, I was fortunate enough to see some amazing live shows. I'm probably forgetting some, but off the top of my dome, these are the most memorable:

1 Son Volt @ The Fillmore, San Francisco, CA, 12.9.09

2 Wilco & Okkervil River @ The Berkeley Theatre, Berkeley, CA, 6.27.09

3 Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band @ Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ, 10.3.09

4 Brian Jonestown Massacre @ Coachella, Indio, CA, 4.18.09

5 Damien Jurado @ Bottom of the Hill, San Francisco, CA, 5.5.09

0 comments: