PBS on Georgia O'Keefe, Jackson Pollock and Others

I haven't spent more than an hour in my lifetime exploring art (by art, I mean the kind to the left). Tonight on PBS there was a fascinating feature on Georgia O'Keefe, Jackson Pollock and other great artists of the 20th century. I was ready to QUICKLY flip to another channel but was immediately drawn in by these incredible images of Georgia O'Keefe spending some time in New Mexico. They then went on to show some of her work and I'm suddenly hooked. I've spent the past hour looking up her work as well as others around her time. Absolutely beautiful. To finally acknowledge that these folks have a lot in common with many of my artistic heroes (e.g. Bob Dylan, Jeff Tweedy, Albert Camus, Jack Nicholson, Sean Penn, Haruki Murakami) will likely lead me to explore. The world of art, in all its forms, is just endless.

Does iTunes have this? :)

0 comments: