An Exercise in Springsteen

A good friend and fellow Springsteen enthusiast thought it would be interesting to try and group Springsteen's career into three slots and compile a 12-song compilation for each. Basically, the time frames would be Greetings from Asbury Park, NJ (73) to Nebraska (82), Born in the USA (84) to Ghost of Tom Joad (95) and finally, everything since.

This was the hardest exercise of my life, and that includes the time I had to do (zero) pull-ups in front of every girl in my class in 1990. But here it goes...


1973-1983
Born To Run
Wild Billy's Circus Story
Racing in the Street
Thunder Road
The River
For You
Badlands
Atlantic City
Backstreets
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
Stolen Car
Jungleland



1984-1995
I'm Goin' Down
Human Touch
I'm on Fire
Youngstown
Better Days
One Step Up
Darlington County
This Hard Land
If I Should Fall Behind
Downbound Train
Janey Don't You Lose Heart
Streets of Philadelphia



1996-2009
John Henry
The Rising
Long Time Comin'
The Wrestler
Into the Fire
Terry's Song
Old Dan Tucker
My City of Ruins
Land of Hopes and Dreams
Working On a Dream
You're Missing
Devils & Dust


Ten More
The Price You Pay
Adam Raised a Cain
Drive All Night
Highway Patrolman
Darkness On the Edge of Town
Spirit in the Night
Incident on 57th Street
Kitty's Back
The Ties That Bind
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

0 comments: