34

It's pretty amazing how much one can mature in such a short period of time. I've made so many changes in my life over the past year that it even shocks me. The majority of them have clearly been positive moves, while others remain a bit hazy, meaning that I'm growing comfortable with them, but the end result is still a bit uncertain.

I don't particularly know why, but 2007 has been a major year of reflection and internal discovery. It almost feels as if everything up to this point was practice. I've learned more about myself this year than I probably have all years prior combined. And through it all, so many things just seem better. Music has more of an impact. Friendships and family have taken on a new, much deeper, meaning. The things around me are much more visible. Things that I once essentially ignored, trees, the sky, the wind, now appear to be ever-present. Sometimes I feel as if I'm opening my eyes for the first time.

Life just holds much more meaning. This meaning was always there, but for some reason, I didn't completely see it. I do now. And I can only imagine that I'll see more and more of it in the coming days. It's a pretty great feeling. And I wouldn't be here without the wonderful people in my life. Some of you I connect with daily, yet others are more infrequent, yet just as important.

It's a good time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool post.

It's not so much maturity as growth. Caring about things beyond yourself and a desire to be a better person. I don't think I was truly aware of the changes in myself until I was in my 40s and had experienced some major setbacks in my "plan". And the fact that it makes everything better and more meaningful is the big payoff.

Gene