Springsteen "Thunder Road" @ No Nukes, 1979 (Video)

I remember watching this entire video in 79 or 80. I also remember someone (an uncle?) trying to explain what it was all about. This concert came about just a few months after the Three Mile Island nuclear incident, and it brought together Springsteen, CSN, Jackson Browne, James Taylor, The Doobie Brothers (sweet!), Bonnie Raitt and others. Although I don't think I quite grasped the enormity of nuclear weapons, I do remember the feeling I had watching Springsteen, as well as the entire ensemble during "Get Together". It was one of my introductions into the vast and unlimited power of music.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Some of the content is very worthy of my drawing, I like your information!
Special Net