Coffee Shop Mix, Vol. 6

I've made five mixes for my local coffee shop. Just about every time I stop in, which is about 27x/day, one of my mixes is playing. No joke, I have witnessed the owner, Mohammed, singing along to The Jayhawks' "Tampa To Tulsa." I mean, could there be anything more satisfying than that? Well, I guess a chicken parm. Since I'm having a parm at a friend's house tonight, I'm kinda covering all bases.

Since they've literally been playing my five mix CDs over and over, Mohammed, and one of his staff members, Greta, have been begging for more music. And today I shall provide that.

Alamo Square Cafe, Volume 6
"Here and Now" Peter Holsapple & Chris Stamey
"Tougher Than the Rest" Camera Obscura
"Round Eye Blues" Marah
"Burn Today" Frank Black
"Walls (Drop D) v.3" David Bruinooge
"A Razor Town" Jason Isbell
"3 Rounds and a Sound" Blind Pilot
"Find the Out" Slobberbone
"Miriam" The Honeydogs
"No Sense in Lovin'" Uncle Tupelo
"Ol' 55" Tom Waits
"Major Leagues" Pavement
"Bells of Harlem" Dave Rawlings Machine
"Money" Apollo Sunshine
"Lucky Shoe" September 67
"Watching the Wheels" John Lennon
"I Don't Believe You" The Magnetic Fields
"Bobby Rodan" Kenny Roby
"Seven Year Ache" Wilco

0 comments: